This zucchini salad is a delicious and refreshing dish that’s perfect for a summer meal. Thinly sliced zucchini is tossed with a tangy lemon dressing, crumbled feta cheese, and toasted pine nuts for a flavorful and satisfying salad. It’s easy to prepare and can be served as a side dish or a light lunch.
How To Make Zucchini Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Marinating Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 ½ pounds small to medium zucchini ideally a mix of green zucchini and yellow summer squash
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil leaves optional
1. Thinly slice zucchini with a Y Peeler or mandoline slicer at its thinnest setting. Place zucchini ribbons in large bowl, gently separating slices with your hands.
2. To zucchini add salt, lemon juice and smashed garlic clove; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 ½ hours and up to 6 hours.
3. When you’re ready to serve, remove zucchini mixture from refrigerator. Drain and discard garlic clove. Gently pat slices dry with paper towels. Alternatively, you can turn slices out onto a paper towel lined baking sheet in a single layer and pat dry for a drier salad. Return zucchini slices to bowl.
4. Drizzle zucchini with olive oil and gently toss to coat; adjust seasoning as desired. Divide among 4 serving plates. Top each salad with an equal amount of crumbled feta, pine nuts and basil if you like. Serve.