Zucchini fritters recipe is also packed with nutrition. With its combination of fresh vegetables and protein-rich ingredients, it’s a great way to enjoy a healthy and satisfying meal without sacrificing flavor. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make, so you can enjoy it any time you want without spending hours in the kitchen. So why wait? Give this recipe a try today and experience the many benefits of a delicious and healthy zucchini fritters!
Looking for a delicious and healthy way to enjoy zucchini? Look no further than this mouth-watering zucchini fritters recipe! To start, grate zucchini using a box grater, and then place it in a clean dish towel and squeeze out the excess moisture. Then, in a large mixing bowl, combine the grated zucchini, egg, flour, chopped onion, and grated Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix until well combined.
How to make Zucchini Fritters
Prep Time : 20 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 40 mins
Servings : 4 servings
- 1 ½ lbs. zucchini grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup flour or GF 1-to-1
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 large egg whisked
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grate zucchini using a food processor with a grating attachment or with a boxed grater.
3. Lay zucchini out in a flat layer and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
4. Strain excess moisture from zucchini using a cheesecloth or a thin dish towel. You will end up with about 1 cup of grated zucchini and 1 cup of strained liquid.
5. In a large bowl combine grated zucchini, flour, cheese, egg, garlic, and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
6. Form 8 equally-sized balls that are each about 2-3 tablespoons each.
7. In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon oil and 4 balls. Smash zucchini balls with the back of a spatula and spread out to about 2 ½ – 3 inches in diameter and about ½-inch thick.
8. Sear zucchini fritters for 2-3 minutes per side or until browned. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining four zucchini balls.
9. Place all zucchini fritters back into the skillet and bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
10. Serve zucchini fritters with sour cream and enjoy!