Zesty Chicken Black Bean And Rice Recipe: A Delicious and Nutritious Meal, Looking for a delicious and nutritious meal that’s easy to prepare? Look no further than the Zesty Chicken Black Bean and Rice Recipe! This recipe is a tasty and healthy alternative to takeout or processed foods, and is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. With a combination of spicy chicken, hearty black beans, and fluffy rice, this dish is sure to satisfy your hunger and your taste buds.
To make this flavorful dish, start by seasoning boneless chicken breasts with a blend of cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Brown the chicken in a skillet and then set it aside. In the same skillet, cook onion and bell pepper until they’re tender. Then add in canned black beans, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes. Finally, stir in the cooked rice, the browned chicken, and some freshly chopped cilantro. Voila! Your Zesty Chicken Black Bean and Rice is ready to serve.
How to make Zesty Chicken Black Bean And Rice
Prep Time : 05 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total Time : 15 mins
Servings : 4 servings
- 3 cups cooked
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch salt (optional)
- 2 (9-ounce) packages Perdue Short Cuts Carved Chicken Breast, Southwestern Style
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup store-bought guacamole
1. Season the rice: If your rice is not hot, reheat it in the microwave with a few teaspoons of water (this helps it to not dry out). Once warm, stir in the lime juice and chopped cilantro.
2. Heat the beans and corn: In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir the beans, corn, onion, and cumin together until hot. Taste and add a pinch of salt, if you like. Alternatively, heat in the microwave, covered with a paper towel, for 2 minutes, or until hot.
3. Heat the chicken: Place the chicken in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with a paper towel, and microwave for 2 minutes, or until the chicken is hot.
4. Assemble the bowls: In each of the 4 bowls, spoon about 1/2 cup of the rice, 1/2 cup of the beans, and the chicken strips. Add 1/4 cup of the cherry tomatoes to each bowl, and top with 2 tablespoons guacamole. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.