Experience the bold and satisfying flavors of our Yaki Udon Noodles recipe, a delicious stir-fried dish that originates from Japanese cuisine. With a combination of udon noodles, fresh vegetables, and savory sauces, this recipe is quick and easy to make, perfect for a satisfying meal any time of the week.
To begin, gather the necessary ingredients: udon noodles, sliced chicken or shrimp (optional), assorted vegetables (such as bell peppers, carrots, and cabbage), garlic, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and green onions for garnish. Cook the udon noodles according to the package instructions until they are tender. Drain and rinse them with cold water to prevent them from sticking together.
How to make Yaki Udon Noodles Recipe
Prep Time : 05 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total Time : 15 mins
Servings : 2 people
- 2 tbsp cooking oil divided
- 2 servings (500g) udon noodles frozen
- 1/2 lb shrimp or thinly sliced chicken, beef, pork, bacon, tofu, or extra vegetables
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1/4 cup carrot julienned
- 3 mushrooms sliced
- 2 green onions chopped
- kewpie mayo, bonito flakes, toasted sesame seeds, and/or green onions for garnish, optional
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Gochugaru (Korean chili flakes) or red pepper flakes, optional
1. Season shrimp or your choice of protein with salt and pepper. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Season shrimp or your choice of protein with salt and pepper. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Heat oil in a wok or a large pan over medium heat and and the shrimp or your choice of protein. Cook for about 2 minutes or until opaque. Remove and set aside.
4. Add oil to the same wok, add onion and garlic, and cook until aromatic. Add cabbage, carrot, and mushrooms, and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the cooked shrimp, udon noodles, and sauce, and toss them together until the noodles are evenly coated. Add green onions and mix to combine. Garnish and enjoy!