Wagon Wheel Casserole is a hearty and comforting dish made with wagon wheel pasta, ground beef, and a savory tomato sauce. Topped with melted cheese, this dish is both filling and satisfying, making it a great choice for dinner or a potluck. Serve with a side salad or garlic bread for a complete meal.
Elevate your dinner game with our irresistible Wagon Wheel Casserole. This unique and flavorful dish brings together the charm of wagon wheel pasta, the heartiness of seasoned ground beef, and the richness of a tomato and cheese sauce. Each bite is a nostalgic nod to classic comfort food, while offering a modern twist that’s sure to please both kids and adults alike. Our Wagon Wheel Casserole recipe is designed to be easy to prepare, making it a fantastic option for busy weeknights or relaxed weekend gatherings. Experience the joy of savoring a harmonious blend of textures and tastes, all baked to perfection in one satisfying casserole. Discover a new favorite that captures the essence of comfort with every delightful forkful.
How To Make Wagon Wheel Casserole
Prep Time: 05 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces wagon wheel pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, toss pasta, Parmesan cheese, green pepper, spaghetti sauce and beef mixture.
2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.