Vietnamese healthy spring rolls are a delicious and nutritious appetizer that are perfect for any occasion. To make this recipe, start by preparing the filling, which typically includes vermicelli noodles, shrimp, pork, lettuce, and fresh herbs such as mint and cilantro. Soak the rice paper wrappers in warm water until they become pliable, then fill them with the prepared ingredients and roll them up tightly. The result is a light and refreshing appetizer that is packed with flavor and nutrients. Vietnamese healthy spring rolls are a great choice for those looking for a healthier alternative to fried appetizers, and are sure to impress your guests at any gathering.
Vietnamese healthy spring rolls are a popular dish that can be customized to suit your taste preferences. You can experiment with different fillings, such as tofu or chicken, and add additional vegetables or herbs to create unique flavor combinations. Additionally, Vietnamese healthy spring rolls are typically served with a peanut dipping sauce, which can be made by mixing peanut butter, hoisin sauce, and other seasonings. This dipping sauce adds a rich and creamy flavor to the rolls, and can be adjusted to your taste preferences. With their fresh and vibrant flavors, Vietnamese healthy spring rolls are a perfect appetizer for any occasion, and are sure to be a hit with your guests.
How to make Vietnamese Healthy Spring Rolls
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 15 mins
Total Time : 30 mins
Servings : 4 servings
- 10-12 large shrimps deveined
- 1 cucumber julienned (3-4″ long)
- 2-3 small carrots julienned (3-4″ long)
- 3 oz buckwheat noodles
- leaves from 1 small head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup coriander (springs)
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 10 rice paper wraps
- ¼ cup peanut butter (plain)
- 1-2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 cup water
1. Heat oil in a medium skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and salt if necessary. Sauté the shrimps for about 2-3 min or until well done. Let it cool for about 5 min.
2. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water to avoid further cooking.
3. Combine all ingredients listed under ‘DIPPING’ into a small sauce pan. Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 3-5 min or until corn starch is cooked.
4. Cut cooked shrimp into half lengthwise.
5. Take very warm water in a large skillet or large plate. Dip rice paper wrap in the water for 10-15 sec and then spread it carefully on a slightly wet cutting board.
6. Now put lettuce, some noodles, 2-3 carrot juliennes, 2-3 cucumber juliennes, some cilantro leaves, 3-4 mint leaves on one side of the wet wrap. Also, layer 2-3 shrimp halves ahead of veggies leaving some gap in between. Gently fold the rice paper wrap from noodle and veggie side once. Then tuck in the side edges of the wrap and continue to fold over the shrimp and roll until the seam is sealed. Repeat this step for each roll.
7. Enjoy these fresh healthy spring rolls with prepared peanut butter dipping.