Taco soup is a simple and flavorful dish that can be made in one pot. To prepare, sauté ground beef or turkey in a pot with onions, bell pepper, and garlic, then add canned diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, and taco seasoning. Simmer for about 30 minutes and garnish with cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.
How to make Taco Soup
Prep Time: 05 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 – 8 servings
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 2 14.5-oz. cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 1-oz. packet taco seasoning
- 1 4-oz. can green chiles
- 1 qt. chicken broth
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can of corn, drained
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Sour cream, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Grated cheddar cheese, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
1. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the beef and onion and cook, stirring to break the beef into small pieces, until it is no longer pink and the onion is softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Stir in the garlic and jalapeño, if using, and cook, stirring, for two minutes.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, taco seasoning, green chiles, chicken broth, corn, pinto beans, and black beans. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, partially cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the flavors meld, about 20 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
4. Serve, topped with sour cream, chopped cilantro leaves, cheddar cheese, and avocado, if you like.