Sweet Potato Casserole with Cornflakes is a classic holiday dish that combines the natural sweetness of roasted sweet potatoes with a crunchy and sweet topping made of crushed cornflakes and brown sugar. The sweet potato mixture is seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg, then spooned into a baking dish and topped with the cornflake mixture. This casserole is then baked until the topping is golden brown and the sweet potatoes are tender, making for a delicious and comforting side dish that is sure to be a hit with everyone at the table.
How To Make Sweet Potato Casserole with Cornflakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
- 4 large cooked, peeled sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup crushed walnuts
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a casserole dish.
2. Mix sweet potatoes, evaporated milk, white sugar, butter, and eggs for filling together in a bowl with an electric mixer; beat well. Spread into the prepared casserole.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. While the casserole bakes, mix cornflakes, brown sugar, walnuts, and butter for topping together in a bowl. Remove casserole from the oven and sprinkle topping over.
5. Return to the oven and continue to bake until golden and sweet potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes more.