Indulge in the delightful flavors of our homemade Strawberry Ice Cream recipe. Made with fresh strawberries, cream, and sugar, this creamy and refreshing treat is a perfect way to enjoy the sweet taste of summer. Start by macerating sliced strawberries with sugar, allowing them to release their natural juices. Then, blend the strawberries into a smooth puree.
In a separate bowl, combine heavy cream, whole milk, and vanilla extract, whisking until well mixed. Incorporate the strawberry puree into the cream mixture, ensuring a uniform consistency. Chill the mixture, then churn it in an ice cream maker until it reaches a soft-serve texture. Transfer the ice cream to a container and freeze until firm. Serve this delightful strawberry ice cream in cones or bowls, and savor the luscious flavors of this homemade frozen treat.
How to make Strawberry Ice Cream
Prep Time : 40 mins
Chill Time : 3 hrs
Total Time : 3 hrs 40 mins
Servings : 3 cups
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and diced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, mix strawberries, honey, sugar, and lemon juice. Allow to sit 15-20 minutes, or until the strawberries have released their juices.
2. Mash the mixture with a potato masher, fork, or pastry cutter until there are no longer any large strawberry pieces (if you prefer a smooth ice cream, use a blender or food processor instead*).
3. To the strawberries, mix heavy cream, half and half, and vanilla extract. Stir just until combined.
4. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, and follow your manufacturer’s instructions (mine took about 15-20 minutes to churn). You can eat the ice cream soft-serve, or freeze it in an airtight container for 3-4 hours to thicken it up slightly. For best results, allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes to soften before serving.