Southern deviled eggs are a classic dish that’s perfect for any occasion, from backyard barbecues to holiday gatherings. To make this tasty recipe, start by boiling some eggs until they’re cooked through. Then, slice them in half and remove the yolks. Mix the yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and a few other spices until they’re smooth and creamy.
Once you’ve made the filling, spoon it back into the egg whites and garnish with paprika or chopped chives for an extra pop of color and flavor. Southern deviled eggs are a crowd-pleasing appetizer that can be customized to suit your taste preferences. You can add in bacon, cheese, or even hot sauce for a spicier kick. Plus, they’re easy to make and can be prepared in advance, making them a great option for busy hosts or hostesses.
How to make Southern Deviled Eggs
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 08 mins
Total Time : 23 mins
Servings : 6 servings
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons sweet relish
- 2 Tablespoons diced jalapeños
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Smoked paprika for sprinkling
1. Hard boil your eggs* in an electric pressure cooker by placing eggs in a steamer basket. Place 1 cup of water in the pressure cooker and place the steamer basket inside. Cover and pressure cook on low pressure for 8 minutes. Once pressure cooking time is up, quick release the pressure, open the lid, and remove the eggs. Use tongs to remove eggs from the pressure cooker and place the eggs in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes. Peel the eggs and cut in half.
2. Remove the cooked yolk from the egg whites and place the yolks in a bowl. Use a fork and mash the egg yolks until broken apart. Add mayonnaise, diced jalapeños, relish, salt and pepper and stir until combined and creamy.
3. Use a spoon or a piping bag to place the yolk mixture inside of the egg whites. Sprinkle with smoked paprika. Enjoy!