Ribboned courgette salad is a refreshing and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a summer lunch or dinner. All you need is a courgette, some lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make the ribbons, and then you can add in any additional ingredients you like, such as herbs, nuts, or cheese. It’s a great way to use up an abundance of courgettes from the garden.
How To Make Ribboned Courgette Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 10g parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp honey
- 2 courgettes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ x 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 80g feta (check it’s vegetarian, if needed)
- 2 tsp mixed seeds
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
1. Put most of the parsley, the lemon zest and juice, olive oil and honey in a bowl and whisk together along with some seasoning to taste.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the courgettes into ribbons, discarding the seedy centre. Tip into a large bowl with the chickpeas and sweetcorn. Pour over the dressing, toss together and leave to marinate for 5 mins. Crumble in the feta and give it a final light toss. Season with a grinding of black pepper.
3. Divide the salad between four plates. Scatter over the remaining parsley and sprinkle over along with the mixed seeds and spring onions.