If you’re looking for a festive and delicious treat to make during the holiday season, this pull apart Christmas tree recipe is sure to impress your guests. To start, preheat your oven to the specified temperature. Roll out a sheet of puff pastry and cut it into triangle shapes resembling a Christmas tree. In a bowl, combine your desired fillings such as melted butter, herbs, cheese, and minced garlic. Spread this mixture onto each triangle of puff pastry, making sure to cover them completely. Stack the triangles on top of each other, starting with the largest at the bottom, and press them together gently. Bake the assembled tree in the oven until golden brown and puffed. Once ready, carefully pull apart the layers to reveal the beautiful and tasty Christmas tree shape. This pull-apart Christmas tree is not only visually appealing but also a delightful treat for the holiday season.
How to make Pull Apart Christmas Tree
Prep Time : 20 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 40 mins
Yield : 8
- 1 lb. refrigerated pizza dough
- Egg wash (1 egg whisked with 1 tbsp water)
- 7 mozzarella sticks
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- 1/2 c. finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. Thinly sliced basil
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
- Marinara, warmed (for serving)
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut mozzarella sticks into 1” pieces and set aside.
2. On a floured surface, divide pizza dough into two pieces. Stretch and roll each piece of dough into a long rectangle, then cut dough into 2” squares (you’ll need 33 total).
3. Wrap a dough square around each piece of mozzarella, forming a tightly sealed ball. Place balls seam-side down on the baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree (they should be touching). Brush egg wash on dough balls and bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together melted butter, Parmesan and herbs. Brush on baked pizza balls. Serve warm with marinara for dipping.