Pan seared salmon with lemon garlic cream sauce is a delicious and elegant dish that’s perfect for a special dinner or a weeknight meal. This recipe features fresh salmon fillets that are seared to perfection and topped with a creamy lemon garlic sauce that’s bursting with flavor. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking techniques, you can create a restaurant-quality dish in the comfort of your own home.
To make pan-seared salmon with lemon garlic cream sauce, start by seasoning the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the salmon fillets and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until they are crispy and golden brown. In a separate saucepan, melt some butter and sauté garlic until fragrant. Add heavy cream, lemon juice, and chicken broth, and simmer until the sauce has thickened.
How to make Pan Seared Salmon
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 30 mins
Yield : 6 Serves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 (4-ounces each) skin-on salmon fillets, room temperature
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fat free half & half (you can also use low fat evaporated milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- zest and juice from 1 whole lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- lemon slices for garnish
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and transfer to the skillet, skin-side down, cooking 3 fillets at a time.
3. Cook for 6 minutes, or until cooked about three quarters of the way through. Do not move the fish around; just let it cook.
4. Using a spatula, flip the salmon fillets over and cook for 2 more minutes; remove from skillet and set aside.
5. Repeat with the rest of the fillets and set all aside.
The Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce:
6. In the meantime, combine half & half, flour, cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, dill, thyme, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
7. Add butter to skillet and melt over medium heat.
8. Add the prepared sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil; lower heat to a simmer.
9. Place previously prepared salmon fillets back in the skillet.
10. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until salmon is heated through.
11. Remove skillet from heat.
12. Spoon sauce over salmon.
13. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.