Oven-roasted cherry tomato sauce is a delicious and versatile sauce that can be used in a variety of dishes. Made from cherry tomatoes that are roasted in the oven with garlic, olive oil, and a few other ingredients, this sauce is bursting with flavor and perfect for pasta dishes, pizzas, and even as a dipping sauce for bread.
To make oven-roasted cherry tomato sauce, start by preheating your oven to 400°F. Spread the cherry tomatoes and garlic cloves on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and dried herbs like thyme or oregano. Roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the tomatoes are blistered and caramelized. Remove from the oven and let cool before transferring to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and enjoy! This sauce is not only delicious but also healthy and easy to make, making it a great addition to any home cook’s repertoire.
How to make Oven-Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
Prep Time : 30 mins
Cook Time : 45 mins
Total Time : 1 hr 15 mins
Servings : 3 pints
- 5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Remove stems and wash tomatoes.
3. Place tomatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet or roasting pan.
4. Drizzle tomatoes with oil and all seasoning except oregano.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until skins are wrinkly.
6. Let cool and then blend in food processor until creamy.
7. Run sauce through food mill. (This step is extremely important for a skin and seed free sauce.)
8. Add oregano and taste. Adjust seasonings as needed.
9. Use it immediately, refrigerate for up to a week or freeze it for later use.