Savor the spicy and flavorful delight of our One Pot Cajun Shrimp recipe, a mouthwatering dish that brings the bold flavors of Cajun cuisine to your table with minimal effort. With just one pot and a handful of ingredients, you can create a delicious and satisfying meal that will impress your family and friends.
To get started, gather the necessary ingredients: shrimp, Cajun seasoning, bell peppers, onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, rice, and fresh parsley for garnish. Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the shrimp, Cajun seasoning, bell peppers, onions, and minced garlic. Sauté until the shrimp turns pink and the vegetables are slightly tender.
How to make One Pot Cajun Shrimp
Prep Time : 05 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total Time : 15 mins
Servings : 2
- 1 pound 21-25 shrimp cleaned and peeled
- 1 pound Andouille sausage
- Grapeseed or olive oil
- Cajun seasoning
- 2 packages of Veetee Dine In Rice – Basmati White Long Grain, Brown Rice or Red Beans and Rice New Orleans Style
1. Season your shrimp with Cajun seasoning. Don’t be shy. I like Slap Yo Mamma, which is HOT! Choose the seasoning you enjoy.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet with just about 2 TBS oil over med-high heat. When hot add your shrimp (cook in batches so as not to crows the shrimp, add more oil when necessary).
3. Cook the shrimp through until pink about 2 minutes per side. Place on a plate tented with foil.
4. Slice your sausage into bite-sized pieces and saute until browned a bit. Add more oil if necessary.
5. Meanwhile cook your Veetee Dine In Rice in your microwave or wok according to the packages directions.
6. Assemble your meal by placing the shrimp, sausage and any juice remaining in the pan over your rice and enjoy!