When it comes to classic comfort foods that stand the test of time, the Olivier Salad with Potatoes takes a special place. Bursting with flavors and textures, this salad has earned its spot on holiday tables and everyday gatherings alike. In this blog post, we’ll explore the art of crafting the perfect Olivier Salad, sharing tips, variations, and the joy of savoring this timeless delight.
Imagine a dish that’s both hearty and refreshing, packed with flavors that evoke nostalgia and comfort. That’s what the Olivier Salad brings to the table – a harmonious blend of ingredients that create a symphony of taste.
Kitchen Equipment Checklist
Prepare your kitchen with these essentials to craft your Olivier Salad:
- Large pot for boiling
- Mixing bowls
- Cutting board and knife
- Mixing spoon or spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
How to Make Olivier Salad:
Prep Time : 40 mins
Cook Time : 35 mins
Total Time : 1 hr 15 mins
Servings : 12 Servings
- Potatoes 2
- Egg 1
- Sweet onion, diced 1
- Green peas 150 g
- Smoked ham 150 g
- Mayonnaise 150g
- Carrots 2
- Dill pickles, drained and cubed 3
- Remove the ends of the carrot, peel it and chop it.
- Cut the boiled potatoes into cubes.
- Boil the potatoes until tender.
- Boil the carrots.
- Cook a hard-boiled egg.
- Cut the hard-boiled egg into cubes.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped smoked ham, potatoes
earth, carrots, egg, gherkins drained and cut into cubes, sweet onion cut into cubes. Add the mayonnaise and mix.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The Olivier Salad is ready to be tasted.
- This creamy and savory potato salad is ideal as an appetizer or side dish during your meals. Enjoy your food !
Expert Tips for a Stellar Salad
- Texture Variety: Chop ingredients into similar sizes for a balanced texture in each bite.
- Chilling Time: Allow the salad to chill for a few hours before serving for enhanced flavor.
Variations to Suit Your Taste
- Vegetarian Twist: Skip the meat and add extra veggies like bell peppers and corn.
- Nutty Crunch: Toss in toasted nuts like almonds or walnuts for a delightful crunch.
Storing Your Olivier Salad
- Refrigeration: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Avoid Freezing: Due to the mayo-based dressing, freezing isn’t recommended.
Ideal Pairings: What to Serve with the Salad
- Fresh Bread: A crusty baguette or dinner rolls are perfect for scooping up the salad.
- Light Soup: Pair with a light soup for a well-rounded meal.
The Olivier Salad with Potatoes is more than just a dish; it’s a journey through flavors that have delighted generations. With its hearty ingredients and creamy dressing, it’s a celebration of comfort and tradition.