Though these cheesy, herby bites of deliciousness may make you feel like you should be written up on the naughty list, we promise that if you make these for your holiday dinner guests, you will be sealed on the good list forever.
These knots are essentially what happens when you add cranberry sauce and brie to a classic garlic knot. Instead of making the traditional parsley-garlic butter, this uses rosemary and sage to add a bit of woodsy, holiday flavor. You can make your own dough or just buy some pizza dough from your local slice shop.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Total Time: 27-30 minutes
Servings: Makes several knots
- 1 pound pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Roll out the pizza dough into a large rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough into long strips, about 1 inch wide.
- Twist each strip and tie it into a loose knot, tucking the ends underneath.
- Place the knots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving space between each knot.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the knots are golden brown and cooked through.
- In a bowl, mix together the melted butter and minced garlic.
- As soon as the knots are out of the oven, brush them generously with the garlic butter mixture.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley over the knots while they’re still warm.
- Serve the Naughty Knots warm with marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.