Indulge in the delightful flavors of mushroom tomato mini pizzas with this scrumptious recipe. Begin by preheating your oven to the recommended temperature. Prepare mini pizza crusts or use pre-made ones for convenience. In a skillet, sauté sliced mushrooms with olive oil until they are tender and golden. Spread a layer of tomato sauce or marinara sauce on each mini pizza crust, and then top it with the sautéed mushrooms. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the mushrooms and add thin slices of fresh tomatoes. Bake the mini pizzas until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the crusts are golden and crispy. These mushroom tomato mini pizzas are perfect for a quick and delicious meal or a tasty appetizer.
How to make Mushroom Tomato Mini Pizzas
Prep Time : 20 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 40 mins
Servings : 6
- 400 gr white flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1x 5gr sachet instant yeast
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 320 ml warm water
- 5 tablespoons Neapolitan pasta sauce or pizza base tomato sauce
- a pinch of chilli flakes for each pizza base
- 100 gr grated cheddar cheese
- 250 gr portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 200 gr cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 125 gr fresh mozzarella, cut into chunks
- fresh basil to garnish
1. On a clean surface, sift the flour and salt onto a heap.
2. In another mixing bowl combine the yeast, sugar, olive oil and water. Leave for a few minutes until yeast and sugar has dissolved.
3. Make a whole in the middle of the flour heap and add the liquids little by little, using a fork to incorporate it into the flour.
4. Keep working the liquids through the dry ingredients until you are left with a slightly sticky, manageable dough.
5. Cover with cling wrap and place it in a floured bowl – leave to rise in a warm room until double its size.
6. Now you can knead the dough down, break the dough into smaller pieces and refrigerate the rest. You can make about 10 small pizzas like these.
7. Roll each piece of dough out until 2 cm thick – arrange on an oven safe baking tray.
8. Smear each disk with Neapolitan sauce, sprinkle with chilli flakes, cover with cheddar, mushrooms and chopped cherry tomatoes.
9. Smear each disk with Neapolitan sauce, sprinkle with chilli flakes, cover with cheddar, mushrooms and chopped cherry tomatoes.
10. Bake in a hot oven 200 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes until cheese has melted and the dough turns colour.
11. Remove form heat and arrange the mozzarella cheese on the pizzas. Return to the oven for another 8 minutes.
12. Garnish with fresh basil.