Melt in Your Mouth Pot Roast is a comforting and flavorful recipe that is perfect for a Sunday dinner. It starts with a chuck roast that is seared and then slow cooked with vegetables, herbs and broth until it is tender and falling apart. Serve it with mashed potatoes or egg noodles for a satisfying and hearty meal.
If you’re craving the ultimate comfort food, look no further than our Melt in Your Mouth Pot Roast recipe. This mouthwatering dish is a perfect blend of tender beef, aromatic vegetables, and savory broth, slow-cooked to perfection. The result? A succulent pot roast that practically dissolves in your mouth with every flavorful bite. Our step-by-step instructions ensure foolproof preparation, making it an ideal option for both novice and seasoned cooks. Whether it’s a hearty family dinner or a special occasion, our Melt in Your Mouth Pot Roast is sure to be a hit. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to savor the irresistible taste of this classic comfort dish. Your taste buds will thank you!
How To Make Melt in Your Mouth Pot Roast
Prep: 20 min.
Cook: 5 hours.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
1. Mix first10 ingredients. Place onion, green pepper and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker; place roast over top. Pour tomato mixture over roast. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 5-6 hours.
2. Remove roast. Strain cooking juices, reserving vegetables. Transfer juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve roast and vegetables with gravy.