Meatball Stroganoff is a classic Russian dish made with juicy meatballs, mushrooms, and a rich and creamy sauce made from sour cream, beef broth, and seasonings. It’s typically served over a bed of egg noodles or mashed potatoes for a comforting and filling meal. This dish is easy to make and perfect for a cozy night in.
Treat yourself to a delicious and comforting Meatball Stroganoff, a delightful twist on the classic beef stroganoff that features tender meatballs in a creamy and flavorful sauce. This recipe is sure to become a new favorite for pasta and meatball lovers alike.
To start, prepare your favorite meatball mixture, combining ground beef, breadcrumbs, minced onions, garlic, egg, and a blend of seasonings like salt, pepper, and parsley. Roll the mixture into bite-sized meatballs and cook them in a skillet until they are browned and cooked through. Set the meatballs aside on a plate.
In the same skillet, sauté sliced onions and mushrooms until they become soft and golden. These vegetables add a wonderful depth of flavor to the stroganoff sauce.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
1. Cook egg noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meatballs; remove from pan. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, 5-7 minutes.
3. Add meatballs, noodles and cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat through.