Meat Lasagne is a classic Italian dish that layers cooked lasagne noodles with a flavorful meat sauce, such as a combination of ground beef and pork, and a blend of cheeses. It is then baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the pasta is cooked through. It is typically served with a side salad or garlic bread.
Who is this Recipe For?
This recipe is a treat for anyone who appreciates the joy of a well-prepared, hearty meal. Whether you’re cooking for your family, planning a cozy dinner for two, or hosting a gathering of friends, Meat Lasagna fits the bill. Its combination of tender meat, luscious cheese, and aromatic herbs is bound to satisfy even the most discerning palates. Plus, it’s a fantastic make-ahead dish, making it a life-saver for busy weekdays and special occasions alike.
Why Meat Lasagna is Great
Meat Lasagna is a dish that doesn’t just fill the stomach, but also creates lasting memories. Its layers tell a story of flavors coming together to form a culinary masterpiece. What makes it truly exceptional is the versatility it offers. You can customize the ingredients to suit your taste preferences, making it a canvas for culinary creativity. And let’s not forget the sheer comfort it brings – a warm slice of Meat Lasagna can turn a regular evening into a delightful experience.
How To Make Meat Lasagne
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 2 hrs 30 mins
Additional Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 3 hrs 15 mins
- lasagna layer – lasagna noodles boiled in olive oil and salt.
- meat sauce layer – olive oil, ground beef, onion. garlic, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and parsley.
- cheese layer – ricotta cheese. mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, salt.
- shredded cheese layer on top – mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
1. Cook the lasagna noodles: Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium high heat. Add lasagna noodles, olive oil and salt and cook until al dente (fully cooked but still firm), or according to package directions, about 10 minutes. Rinse the noodles under cold water to stop the cooking process and set aside in the pot.
2. Prepare the meat sauce: Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven for 2 minutes over medium-high heat until the oil is sizzling hot. Add ground beef and cook for 5-7 minutes until browned. Add onion and garlic. Stir well to combine and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes until tender. Pour tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and parsley. Stir well to mix and bring the meat sauce to a simmer. Turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes uncovered. Set aside.
3. Prepare the cheese mixture: In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, ¼ cup Parmesan, beaten egg, and parsley. Stir well to combine together.
Tips and Variations
- Vegetarian Twist: Skip the meat and load up on sautéed vegetables like mushrooms, spinach, and zucchini for a flavorful vegetarian version.
- Shortcut: Use no-boil lasagna noodles for even quicker assembly.
- Cheese Lover’s Dream: Add layers of provolone, fontina, or gouda for an extra cheesy delight.
- Spice it Up: Incorporate red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce for a spicy kick.
If you somehow have leftovers, which is rare with such a delicious dish, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat individual slices in the microwave or oven for a quick and satisfying meal.
Share and Subscribe!
I hope this Meat Lasagna recipe brings joy to your kitchen and table. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your fellow food enthusiasts and subscribe to my blog for more delightful recipes and culinary adventures. Happy cooking and indulging in the magic of homemade comfort food!