Mason jar Cobb salad is a delicious and convenient way to enjoy a classic salad on-the-go. This recipe is perfect for meal prepping or taking with you to work or school, as it can be prepared ahead of time and stored in a jar for easy transport. To make this salad, start by layering your ingredients in a quart-sized mason jar. Begin with a layer of your favorite salad dressing, followed by a layer of chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers. Next, add a layer of chopped hard-boiled eggs, crumbled bacon, and diced avocado. Top with a layer of chopped romaine lettuce, and seal the jar tightly with a lid. When you’re ready to eat, simply shake the jar to distribute the dressing, and enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal.
Mason jar Cobb salad is a great way to pack all your favorite salad ingredients into one convenient and portable container. This recipe is not only delicious and easy to make, but also highly customizable to suit your taste preferences. You can add or substitute ingredients to your liking, such as grilled chicken, blue cheese, or roasted corn. Additionally, using a mason jar to store your salad helps keep it fresh and prevents the ingredients from becoming soggy or wilted. With its vibrant colors and delicious flavors, Mason jar Cobb salad is the perfect meal solution for busy individuals looking for a healthy and convenient option on-the-go.
How to make Mason Jar Cobb Salad
Prep Time : 15 mins
Total Time : 15 mins
Servings : 4 servings
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
Chicken Cobb Salad:
- 1 1/3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken, white meat
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs, roughed chopped
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1. To a small bowl add: plain greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and honey. Whisk together until smooth and combined.
2. Assemble the Mason Jar Salads: line up your mason jars. To each jar add 3 tablespoons of the dressing, 1/4 cup diced cucumber, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1-2 tablespoons eggs, 1/3 cup chopped chicken, 1 tablespoon chopped bacon, 1-2 tablespoons of avocado and finish with 1 cup chopped romaine.
3. Put the lid on and store in the refrigerator. Will last up to 5 days.