My Marshmallow Rice Bubbles Halloween Brains only need 5 ingredients and is made in under 20 minutes! They’re perfect for a Halloween party and would be a lot of fun to make with the family.
The brain have a yummy texture, they’re super crispy and chewy. Also, the sweet marshmallow flavours come through nicely.
They look pretty realistic and a few people were a little grossed out by it, exactly what you want in a Halloween treat!
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Total Time : 20 minutes
Servings : 14
- 85 g unsalted butter
- 6 cups regular marshmallows
- 4 cups Rice Bubbles (Krispies)
- ½ tsp salt
- red food colouring
1. Prepare a Bain-Marie by putting 1/2 cup of water into a small pot and letting it come to boil. Place a large heatproof bowl over the pot of boiling water.
2. Place the butter and marshmallows into large heatproof bowl. Continually whisk the ingredients until it becomes a smooth paste. This may take around 2-4 minutes to form a paste.
3. Using some oven mitts or a tea towel, take the heatproof bowl out of the pot. Put the salt in and a drop or more of food colouring and whisk it together.
4. In a large mixing bowl, place the Rice Bubbles inside. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the Rice Bubbles and mix thoroughly to coat all the Rice Bubbles with the marshmallow mixture.
5. Oil your hands and shape the Rice Bubbles into ovals. Using a butter knife, put a dent in the middle. Dip a tooth pick into the food colouring and use it to draw veins on the brains. Keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Calories : 149
- Total Fat : 5g | 8%
- Saturated Fat : 3.1g | 16%
- Sodium : 197mg | 9%
- Potassium : 11mg | 1%
- Total Carbohydrate : 25.8g | 9%
- Dietary Fiber : 0g
- Sugars : 13.4g
- Protein : 1.1g | 3%
- Calcium : 0%
- Iron : 9%
- Vitamin D : 17%