Maine Lobster Roll is a type of sandwich typically made with fresh lobster meat, mayonnaise, and spices, served on a toasted hot dog bun. This dish is a staple of the cuisine of Maine and is considered one of the state’s signature dishes. The lobster meat is often boiled or steamed and then mixed with the mayonnaise and spices, creating a creamy and flavorful filling.
The lobster filling is then spooned into a split hot dog bun that has been lightly toasted, creating a satisfying contrast between the warm lobster filling and the crispy bun. The Maine Lobster Roll is a simple but delicious dish that is enjoyed by seafood lovers all over the world.
How to cook Maine Lobster Roll Recipe
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 06 mins
Total Time : 21 mins
Servings : 10 servings
- For the Lobster Salad –
- 2 pounds cooked Maine lobster meat claw, arm, and knuckle meat
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the Rolls
- 10 New England style frankfurter rolls
- 5 tablespoons butter softened
1. For the Lobster Salad: Drain the cooked lobster meat in a colander for 5 minutes. Set out a large mixing bowl. Then chop the fresh herbs.
2. If using claw meat, there is no need to chop it, but you can if you want smaller pieces. (If using lobster tails, chop it into bite-size pieces.) Move the lobster meat to the mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise, dill, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix well.
3. Cover and chill under ready to serve.
4. For the Toasted Rolls: Spread both flat sides of the New England rolls with a generous amount of butter.
5. Heat a large skillet (or griddle) to medium heat. Place the rolls flat-side-down in the skillet. Toast for 1-3 minutes until golden-brown. Then flip and toast the other side for 1-3 minutes. Remove and repeat as needed.
6. Once all of the rolls are perfectly toasted, load them with lobster salad and serve!