Lemon Cream Cheese Roll if you’re in the mood for a sweet treat that’s both creamy and tangy, you’ll love this Cake! This delicious dessert features a light and fluffy sponge cake rolled up with a creamy and zesty lemon cream cheese filling. Every bite is bursting with bright citrus flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness.
To make this delightful cake, start by mixing together a sponge cake batter and baking it in a thin layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Once cooled, spread a layer of lemon cream cheese filling over the cake and roll it up tightly. Chill the cake in the fridge for a few hours to set, then slice it into rounds and serve with a dusting of powdered sugar. With its refreshing lemon flavor and creamy texture, this roll cake is sure to become a favorite among dessert lovers everywhere!
How to make Lemon Cream Cheese Roll
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 2 hrs 30 mins
Total Time : 2 hrs 45 mins
Servings : 12 servings
- 1 box (15.25 oz) Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9×5-inch loaf pan with shortening; lightly sprinkle with flour.
2. In large bowl, beat Loaf ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour in pan; spread evenly.
3. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes; run metal spatula around edge of loaf to loosen. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
4. In small bowl, beat Icing ingredients. Spread icing over top of cooled loaf. Let stand until set.