Lemon chicken is a dish that can be made in many ways, but typically involves marinating chicken in a lemon-based sauce before cooking it. The marinade can include ingredients such as lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and herbs, and the chicken is often pan-fried or grilled. The end result is a tender and flavorful chicken dish with a bright and tangy lemon flavor.
How To Make Lemon Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet cut into pieces
- 1L oil
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 2/3 cup lemon juice *to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs lemon rind
1. To make the batter, beat egg in a bowl then add chicken and mix thoroughly.
2. In a new bowl sift plain flour and cornflour and mix together, then add chicken in small batches and cover thoroughly in flour.
3. Using a wok deep-fry chicken in batches in hot oil until golden brown.
4. Drain off excess oil then place chicken on large serving plate.
5. To make the sauce, mix cornflour with water to make a smooth paste, set aside.
6. Place sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind in a small saucepan.
7. On medium heat stir sauce until just simmering and then stir in cornflour paste until thickened.
8. Pour sauce over chicken and mix well.
9. Serve with rice or noodle stir fry.