Savor the perfect blend of tangy and sweet with our Key Lime Pie. A velvety smooth filling made from fresh key limes, nestled in a crumbly graham cracker crust, creates a symphony of flavors that dance on your palate. Whether you’re seeking a refreshing dessert on a warm day or a delectable treat to satisfy your cravings, our Key Lime Pie promises a taste sensation that’s simply irresistible. Experience the tropical essence of the Florida Keys in every luscious bite.
How To Make Key Lime Pie
Prep Time:25 MINS
Cook Time:30 MINS
Cooling Time:8 HRS
Total Time:8 HRS 55 MINS
SERVINGS: 8 SLICES
FOR THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- 1 and ½ cups graham cracker crumbs (180 grams)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (65 grams)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled (85 grams)
FOR THE KEY LIME PIE FILLING:
- 1 cup key lime juice (240 ml)
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 5 large egg yolks
- Whipped topping or Homemade whipped cream
- To make the graham cracker crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Add the melted butter and stir until fully combined and all of the crumbs are moistened.
- Scoop the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate and firmly press it down into an even layer on the bottom and up around the sides of the dish.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes while you make the filling.
- Keep oven temperature at 350°F (180°C).
- To make the key lime pie filling: Combine the key lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, and egg yolks in a large mixing bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- Pour the filling into the slightly cooled graham cracker crust and spread it around into one even layer.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until the top of the pie is set, the pie will still be jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 2 hours. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. Once chilled, top with whipped cream and enjoy!