Savor the vibrant flavors of K-elote, a delightful twist on the classic Mexican street corn recipe. To prepare this mouthwatering dish, start by grilling or boiling fresh corn on the cob until tender. Once cooked, generously brush each cob with a mixture of melted butter and mayonnaise, ensuring an even coating. Sprinkle crumbled cotija cheese or grated Parmesan cheese over the corn, allowing it to adhere to the creamy layer. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the corn, adding a zesty tang, and sprinkle it with chili powder or paprika for a touch of spice. Serve the K-elote hot and garnish it with chopped cilantro or parsley for a fresh burst of flavor. This K-elote recipe is a delightful fusion of textures and tastes that will transport your taste buds to the bustling streets of Mexico.
How to make k-elote
Prep Time : 05 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total Time : 15 mins
Servings : 2
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 2 tbsp mayo (Japanese mayo preferred but any mayo is fine)
- ½ tbsp sugar (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper
- 100 g or ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (for the stringy pull)
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Cotija cheese
- Tajin or Chili Powder spice (Tajin if you want a little acidity, chili powder if you want a little spice)
1. Preheat your oven to 450 F / 235C
2. In a large bowl, add your drained corn, mayonnaise, and sugar together.
3. Season with pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Pour the mixture on a skillet or an oven-proof container.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top
6. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the top is nice and golden brown.
7. Garnish with cilantro, cotija cheese, and tajin/chili powder.