Instant Pot French Lentil Soup is a delicious and nutritious dish that can be made quickly and easily using an Instant Pot. This soup is a perfect meal option for those who are looking for a healthy, filling, and flavorful dish that can be prepared in a single pot. The recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends when you want to enjoy a warm and comforting bowl of soup.
To make Instant Pot French Lentil Soup, you will need basic ingredients such as lentils, vegetables, and herbs. The lentils are cooked in the Instant Pot, along with onions, carrots, and celery, which give the soup a delicious flavor and texture. This soup is also suitable for vegetarians and vegans, as it does not contain any meat or dairy products. With its high protein content and low-fat content, this soup is an excellent option for those who want to maintain a healthy diet. Overall, Instant Pot French Lentil Soup is a tasty and easy-to-prepare meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
How to make Instant Pot French Lentil
Active Time : 20 mins
Yield : 8 servings
- 2 cups french lentils, rinsed (also called Le Puy or French Green Lentils)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Splash white wine (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 6-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Leaves from 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (more if using homemade broth, less if using store-bought broth with sodium), plus more to taste
- Garnish: minced parsley
1. Heat coconut oil in the bottom of an Instant Pot on the sauté setting. Add onion, garlic, and celery, and sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until onions are translucent and starting to brown. Add the splash of wine and stir. Continue to cook on sauté setting until wine has cooked off.
2. Add carrots, canned tomatoes, lentils, bay leaves, vegetable broth, black pepper, salt and thyme, and stir.
3. Place lid on Instant Pot and turn to “Bean/Chili” setting with timer set to 14 minutes and vent in the sealed position.
4. When timer goes off, release the pressure. Stir soup and season with salt additional to taste. Serve topped with minced parsley.
5. Tip: For extra veggies in your meal, place a handful of baby kale or spinach in the bottom of your bowl when serving, and spoon the hot lentils over top.