Chicken Potpie is a classic comfort food dish. To make it, cook chicken, vegetables, and sauce, then pour into a pie dish and top with a biscuit or pie crust. Bake until the crust is golden brown and filling is hot.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour and poultry seasoning until blended; gradually whisk in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and vegetables.
2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; place crust over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in crust. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.