Hearty Penne Beef is a rich and delicious pasta dish made with ground beef, penne pasta, and a flavorful tomato sauce. It’s easy to make, filling, and perfect for a cozy dinner. Serve with a side salad or garlic bread to complete the meal.
Get ready to savor the delicious flavors of Hearty Penne Beef, a comforting and satisfying pasta dish that combines tender beef with penne pasta and a rich, savory sauce. This recipe is sure to warm your heart and leave you craving for more.
To begin, thinly slice tender beef, such as sirloin or flank steak, into bite-sized strips. Season the beef with salt and pepper or your favorite steak seasoning for added flavor.
In a large skillet or pot, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat and add the seasoned beef strips. Cook the beef until it’s nicely browned on all sides and cooked to your desired level of doneness. Once done, transfer the beef to a plate and set it aside.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in tomato puree, broth, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 10-15 minutes. Add spinach; cook until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
3. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted, 3-4 minutes.