Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins are a type of baked good that combines nutritious ingredients to create a tasty and wholesome snack or breakfast option. These muffins typically include mashed ripe bananas, rolled oats, whole wheat flour, and dark chocolate chips, as well as other ingredients such as honey or maple syrup, baking powder, and vanilla extract.
The use of mashed bananas in this recipe not only provides natural sweetness but also adds moisture, which allows for less added oil or butter. Rolled oats provide a good source of fiber, and the whole wheat flour adds nutrients such as protein and complex carbohydrates.
The dark chocolate chips in this recipe are a healthier option than regular chocolate chips since they contain less sugar and more antioxidants. They also add a rich chocolate flavor to the muffins.
Overall, Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins make for a delicious and nutritious breakfast or snack option. They can be enjoyed on-the-go or as a treat with a cup of coffee or tea. Additionally, the recipe can be modified to accommodate dietary restrictions or preferences, such as using gluten-free oats and flour or substituting the chocolate chips with dried fruits or nuts.
How to Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 30 mins
Total Time : 40 mins
Servings : 12 servings
- 4 tablespoons butter ½ stick
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon AP flour
- 2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika or ground nutmeg, optional
- 3 cups broccoli florets or 1 large head, cut into small pieces
- 1 large carrot grated, julienned or finely chopped
- 2 cups half & half or milk or light or heavy cream
- 8 oz block grated cheddar cheese or 2 cups (mild, medium, or sharp )
1. Melt butter in a large dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook 3-4 minutes or until softened and light gold. Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
2. In a medium bowl combine eggs, honey, mashed bananas, vanilla, milk and coconut oil.
3. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined, do not overmix.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 30 minutes or until set and the tops are slightly brown.
6. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove to cool completely.