Hashbrown breakfast casserole is a delicious dish made with frozen hashbrowns, eggs, milk, cheese, and your choice of meats and vegetables. It can be prepared the night before and baked in the morning for a convenient and satisfying breakfast. It’s a great way to use up leftovers and can be easily customized with different ingredients to suit your taste.
How To Make Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 20 ounces shredded hash browns thawed
- 1 pound sausage cooked, crumbled, and drained
- ¼ cup onion finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided use
- 8 eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk 12 ounces, or 1 ⅓ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning or your favorite herbs/spices (optional)
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (if baking immediately). Grease a 9×13 pan or a 3qt baking dish or spray with cooking spray.
2. Brown sausage in a large skillet until no pink remains. Drain fat.
3. Place the hashbrowns, cooked sausage, onions, bell peppers, and 1 ½ cups of cheese in the prepared dish. Gently mix the ingredients together and spread evenly in the pan.
4. Add eggs, evaporated milk, salt & pepper, and Italian seasoning to a large bowl. Whisk until well combined.
5. Pour the egg mixture over the hashbrown mixture and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight if desired (or bake immediately).
6. Bake uncovered for 55-65 minutes or until cooked through.