Grilled white fish is a healthy and delicious dish that is easy to prepare and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a weekend cookout. White fish is a great source of lean protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which can help promote heart health and reduce inflammation. This recipe is simple to make, with just a few basic ingredients, and can be customized to suit your tastes and preferences.
To make this recipe, start by selecting a white fish that is suitable for grilling, such as tilapia, cod, or halibut. Season the fish with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs and spices, such as garlic, paprika, or cumin. Brush the fish with a little bit of olive oil to prevent sticking, and grill it over medium-high heat for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until it is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
How to make Grilled White Fish
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 08 mins
Total Time : 18 mins
Yield : 4 servings
Grilled White Fish:
- 4 5 oz. cod fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Mango Jalapeno Coleslaw:
- 2 mangos diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 jalapeno, diced (seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup diced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat a grill to medium high heat.
2. In a small bowl, add salt, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and garlic powder. Toss to combine.
3. Rub spice blend on one side of the fish.
4. In a medium bowl, add mango, napa cabbage, jalapeno, fresh cilantro, and green onion.
5. In a small bowl, add garlic clove, lime juice, white balsamic vinegar, canola oil, dijon mustard, smoked paprika, ground cumin, honey, salt, and pepper to taste. Whisk until combined.
6. Pour the dressing over the mango mixture, toss to combine everything and set aside.
7. Before putting the fish on the grill, brush with canola oil.
8. Place fish on the grill and grill each side for 3-4 minutes, or until fish releases from the grill.
9. Serve fish with mango jalapeno slaw.