Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes Skillet is a mouthwatering and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for any night of the week. The recipe starts with searing juicy and flavorful steak pieces in a hot skillet with garlic butter. Golden brown baby potatoes are then added to the pan and cooked until tender and crispy. The whole dish is finished with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice, adding brightness and depth to the flavors. This one-pan meal is sure to become a new family favorite, as it is packed with protein, carbs and healthy fats, making it a well-balanced and satisfying meal. Serve it with a side salad or roasted vegetables for a complete and delicious dinner.
In addition to its delicious taste, this recipe is also incredibly versatile. You can use any type of steak you like, from rib-eye to sirloin to tenderloin, and adjust the cooking time based on your desired level of doneness. If you prefer a spicier dish, try adding red pepper flakes or paprika to the garlic butter. If you’re looking to add some extra veggies to the mix, you can toss in sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, or onion. This Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes Skillet recipe is also perfect for meal prepping, as it can be easily reheated and enjoyed throughout the week. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or a busy weeknight, this dish is sure to impress and leave your taste buds craving for more.
How to cook Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes Recipe
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 30 mins
Servings : 4 servings
- 2-4 petite steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-4 pounds baby potatoes – diced
- 2-6 tablespoons salted butter – soft enough to mash with a fork, one tablespoon per steak, plus two tablespoons for the potatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl combine butter, garlic, and dried herbs and set aside. Season steaks generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
2. Place skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle with oil. Sear steaks for 2-3 minutes one each side until nice and browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. Add potatoes to the skillet, season generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and saute 3-5 minutes until browned. Push potatoes to one side of the pan and return steaks to the other side of the pan.
4. Transfer to oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender and steak is cooked to your preferred doneness.
5. Immediately after removing from oven, place a dollop of the garlic butter on each steak and the rest on the potatoes and let it melt over the food before stirring the potatoes to coat in butter and then topping with chopped thyme and parsley before serving.