Dumpling Hot Pot Recipe: Elevate your hot pot experience with the delightful addition of Dumplings. This fusion of two beloved dishes creates a harmonious blend of flavors and textures, making it an ideal choice for a gathering or a cozy meal. Gather your favorite ingredients and embark on a culinary adventure as you create a scrumptious Hot Pot with Dumplings.
To begin, gather the ingredients needed for your Hot Pot with Dumplings: dumplings of your choice (such as pork, beef, shrimp, or vegetarian dumplings), a selection of fresh vegetables (such as Napa cabbage, spinach, mushrooms, and bok choy), tofu, noodles (such as udon or rice noodles), and a flavorful broth of your preference (such as chicken, vegetable, or spicy Sichuan broth).
How to make Dumpling Hot Pot
Total Time : 10 mins
Yield : 4
Veggies & Mandu
- a handful of beansprouts or 1/2 of onion sliced
- 2 cups napa cabbage or regular cabbage, cut into bite sizes
- 1 zucchini or squash, cut into half-moon slices
- 3 Mexican green onions or 1 bundle of regular green onions, cut into half lengthwise then 2-inch long pieces
- 1/2 pack of enoki mushrooms or a handful of any of your favorite mushrooms
- 1 soft or medium-soft tofu, sliced into 1/2-inch thick
- handful crown daisy or any other green leafy veggie
- 1 lb fresh or frozen dumplings of your choice
Sauce & Stock
- 5 to 7 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 to 4 tbsp gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes (If you don’t’ want spicy, omit it)
- 2 tbsp Yondu
- 2 tbsp Korean soup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maesilaek, Korean preserved green plum extract
- 4 cups vegetable or mushroom stock
1. Spread beansprouts on the bottom of the shallow large pot. Arrange the vegetables in the pot.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, gochugaru, yondu, soy sauce, and plum extract. Thin it out with 1 cup of vegetable stock and pour it over the pot. Pour the rest of the vegetable stock into the pot and cover with a lid.
3. We usually serve this jeongol (hot pot) to the dinner table and eat while it’s cooking. So if you have a portable gas stove, please do so! It’s so much more fun!
4. Bring it to boil over medium to medium-high heat and when it starts to simmer then increase heat to high and bring it to hard boil. Keep boiling for 5 minutes or until dumplings are fully cooked and vegetables are softened. It’s ready to eat! Enjoy!