Crock Pot Enchilada Bake Recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. This recipe requires only a few ingredients and can be prepared in a slow cooker, making it a convenient option for those who don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. The dish is loaded with flavors from enchilada sauce, ground beef, tortillas, and cheese, making it a crowd-pleaser for both kids and adults.
To make the Crock Pot Enchilada Bake Recipe, start by browning the ground beef in a skillet and seasoning it with chili powder, cumin, garlic, and onion powder. Then, mix the enchilada sauce with some water and pour a small amount into the slow cooker. Layer the tortillas, ground beef, and cheese in the slow cooker, and repeat until all the ingredients are used up. Finally, pour the remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle some more cheese on top. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
How to make Crock Pot Enchilada Bake
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 3 hrs 30 mins
Total Time : 3 hrs 40 mins
Servings : 6
- 1 ¼ cup brown rice
- 1 ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- 14 ounces tomatoes with green chilis (1 can, undrained)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce (1 can)
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 14 ounces frozen pepper and onion strips (1 bag)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 14 ounces pinto beans (1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 14 ounces black beans (1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. In the slow cooker, combine the rice, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and frozen pepper and onion strips. (1 ¼ cup brown rice,1 ½ tablespoon chili powder,1 teaspoon cumin,¼ teaspoon each, salt and pepper,14 ounces tomatoes with green chilis,8 ounces tomato sauce,1 ½ cups vegetable broth,14 ounces frozen pepper and onion strips)
2. Cook on high 3 hours.
3. Add the corn and the beans, mix well, and cook on low for an additional 20 minutes, until the corn is thawed and the beans are heated through. (1 cup frozen corn,14 ounces pinto beans,14 ounces black beans)
4. Sprinkle the top with the cheese, cover, and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.( 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese )
5. Serve as is, or with garnish of chopped cilantro, chopped scallions, or lime wedges.