Creamy Spinach Mushroom Pasta Bake is a comforting and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner. This recipe calls for pasta, spinach, mushrooms, and a creamy sauce which are all combined and baked in a casserole dish. It’s topped with breadcrumbs or crushed crackers and cheese, and it’s ready in under 30 minutes. It’s a great way to enjoy a warm and satisfying meal.
How To Make Creamy Spinach Mushroom Pasta
Prep Time: 05 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 12 oz pasta uncooked
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 pound mushrooms of choice thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F.In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. onion and mushrooms, cook for 2-3 minute or until the mushrooms are soft and tender. Add garlic, spinach, italian seasoning, and salt + pepper. cook for another minute.
3. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in vegetable broth and then cream, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in parmesan just before turning off heat.
4. Pour cooked pasta into a large 13×9 baking dish. Top with spinach mushroom cream sauce. Drizzle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until bubbly.