This Creamy Parmesan Risotto recipe is a classic Italian dish made with Arborio rice, grated Parmesan cheese, and butter. It is a comforting and satisfying meal that can be served as a side or main course. It’s a simple recipe that doesn’t require wine, making it perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
Indulge in a culinary experience that transcends ordinary dishes – the Creamy Parmesan (No Wine) Risotto. This delectable recipe is a testament to the art of creating a luxurious dish that captivates both the palate and the soul. Join us as we embark on a journey to master the art of making the perfect risotto that’s rich, velvety, and brimming with flavor.
There’s a magical allure to risotto – a dish that marries the simplicity of rice with the sophistication of a luxurious sauce. Our Creamy Parmesan (No Wine) Risotto is a celebration of the finest ingredients coming together in perfect harmony. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a kitchen enthusiast, this recipe invites you to embark on a culinary journey like no other.
How To Make Creamy Parmesan
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving : 3
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS:
- arborio rice – arborio rice is a type of short-grain rice that is used to prepare classic risotto.
- chicken stock – or substitute with vegetable stock to keep the recipe vegetarian.
- lemon juice – or substitute with lime juice.
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- Sauté aromatics. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add rice. Add rice and mix well until it is fully coated with the butter. The rice will look shiny once coated.
- Add stock. Pour in ½ cup of the chicken stock with the lemon juice and stir to combine. Once the rice has absorbed all the liquid, bring down the heat to medium low. Add one cup of chicken stock and continuously stir until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Repeat, one cup at a time, with the remaining stock. This will take about 20-25 minutes until done.
- Add water. Stir in ½ cup water. Once the risotto reaches your desired consistency, remove the pan off of the heat.
- Serve. Add in Parmesan cheese and parsley and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with extra chopped parsley on top, if desired, and serve warm.
Pro Tips for Risotto Perfection
- Arborio Alchemy: Arborio rice’s starch is your ally in achieving that luscious texture.
- Stirring Serenade: Stir with love and patience to coax out the creamy symphony.
Variations for Culinary Exploration
- Mushroom Medley: Sauté mushrooms separately and introduce them to your risotto masterpiece.
- Herb Elegance: Fresh herbs like thyme or basil can paint aromatic strokes in your dish.
Preserving the Creamy Elegance
- Refrigeration: Store leftovers in an airtight kingdom in your fridge for up to 2 days.
- Revival Dance: Reheat on the stovetop, adding a splash of broth or cream for revival.
Pairing Perfection: What to Serve with Risotto
- Seared Scallops: Tender scallops dance in harmony with the risotto’s richness.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roasted asparagus or sun-kissed tomatoes offer a vibrant duet.
Conclusion: Elevate Your Culinary Artistry
The Creamy Parmesan (No Wine) Risotto is your canvas, inviting you to paint with flavors, textures, and passion. Every spoonful is a masterpiece, a blend of creamy dreams and savory realities.