Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or for entertaining guests. To make this dish, you will need boneless chicken breasts, lemon, butter, garlic, heavy cream, and some herbs and spices. The dish starts by seasoning the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cooking them in a pan until they are golden brown on both sides. Then, the lemon, butter, and garlic are added to the pan to create a fragrant and tangy sauce. Finally, the heavy cream is added to the pan to create a rich and creamy sauce that perfectly complements the chicken.
One of the great things about Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken is how versatile it is. You can serve it with a variety of sides, such as pasta, rice, or roasted vegetables, and it will always taste amazing. The dish is also easy to customize to your own taste. You can adjust the amount of lemon, garlic, or herbs and spices to suit your preferences. You can even add some extra vegetables, such as broccoli or spinach, to make the dish even more nutritious and flavorful.
Overall, Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken is a dish that everyone will love. It is easy to make, versatile, and full of flavor. Whether you are cooking for yourself or for a crowd, this dish is sure to be a hit. So, why not try making it tonight and see for yourself how delicious it is!
How to make Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 4 hrs
Total Time : 4 hrs 10 mins
Servings : 4 servings
- 6 tbsp unsalted Challenge Butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 4 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1. Add the butter to a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted. Set aside.
2. Place the chicken breasts into a 6 quart slow cooker.
3. In a large bowl or measuring cup, combine the chicken broth, half and half and lemon juice, then add the garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and paprika. If it curdles a little bit, that’s fine.
4. Add the melted, cooled butter to the lemon mixture and stir to combine.
5. Pour the lemon butter mixture over the chicken, then cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 7 hours. Slow cookers can vary a little so adjust cooking time as needed.
6. Remove about 1 cup of the lemon butter mixture from the slow cooker and whisk in the corn starch. Add it back into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
7. Place the top back on the slow cooker and cook for another hour, then serve.