Creamy Garlic Salmon is a simple and delicious recipe that can be made in under 30 minutes. The dish features a pan-seared salmon fillet topped with a creamy garlic sauce made with butter, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, and can be served with a side of pasta, rice or vegetables. It can also be garnished with fresh herbs such as parsley, chives or dill to give it a fresh and light flavor.
- salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- cornstarch – cornstarch helps to thicken up the sauce. We used cornstarch to keep this recipe gluten-free, but you can also use all-purpose flour.
- heavy cream
- white wine
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley – optional, for serving.
- lemon – optional, for serving.
1. Prepare the salmon. Pat dry salmon fillets and season with salt and pepper. Set aside at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Sear the salmon. In a large skillet, heat oil for 2 minutes over medium-high heat until the hot oil sizzles. Sear the salmon fillets (skin side facing up first) for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden browned and fully cooked. When salmon is cooked, the flesh will turn opaque, and it will flake easily when inserting a fork. Transfer the cooked salmon onto a plate.
3. Make the creamy sauce. Add butter, onion, and garlic to the same skillet, and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in cornstarch and mix well until combined, about 1 minute. Add wine and stir well to combine, about 1 minute. Add heavy cream, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Stir well and bring the sauce to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and keep stirring until thickened to a desired consistency, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Assemble and serve. Return the cooked salmon to the skillet and spoon the creamy sauce over to coat. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, or a side of crusty bread. Drizzle with lemon juice and top with more Parmesan if desired.