creamy garlic butter tuscan salmon is restaurant quality pan seared salmon in a delicious creamy sauce with spinach, sun dried tomatoes and parmesan!
Rich and creamy, crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside salmon fillets. The entire family loves this deliciously easy to make Salmon recipe. The creamy sauce is to die for!
Besides providing us with incredible rich flavour and high-quality protein, salmon has many healthy benefits. Full of vitamins and minerals (potassium, selenium and vitamin B12), it’s the amount of omega-3 fatty acids that gives salmon its ‘brain food’ reputation.
Prep Time : 5 mins
Cook Time : 15 mins
Marinating time: 2 mins
Servings : 4
Calories : 538cal (27%)
Carbohydrates : 4g (1%)
Protein : 34g (68%)
Fat : 40g (62%)
Saturated Fat : 19g (119%)
Trans Fat : 1g
Cholesterol : 177mg (59%)
Sodium : 519mg (23%)
Potassium : 875mg (25%)
Fiber : 1g (4%)
Sugar : 1g (1%)
Vitamin A : 1134IU (23%)
Vitamin C : 1mg (1%)
Calcium : 152mg (15%)
Iron : 2mg (11%)
- 4 salmon fillets , skinless (~180g/6oz each) (Note 1)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15g / 1 tbsp butter , unsalted
Creamy garlic sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves , finely minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or more chicken stock) (Note 2)
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock/broth , low sodium
- 1 cup cream , heavy/thickened
- 1/2 cup parmesan , finely grated (grate your own, Note 3)
- 2 tsp tarragon leaves* , finely chopped
- 2 tsp chervil* , finely chopped
- 2 tsp parsley* , finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- Season: Pat salmon dry, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pan-sear: Heat oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add salmon, presentation side down, and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip: Turn salmon and cook the other side for another 2 minutes, until the internal temperature registers 49°C / 120°F (for medium-rare, recommended) or until cooked to your taste (Note 5).
- Butter baste: When it’s almost cooked, add the butter. Melt, then spoon over the salmon a few times.
- Rest: Remove salmon onto plate, and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
Creamy Salmon Sauce:
- Sauté garlic: Add garlic and stir for 20 seconds or until light golden.
- Reduce wine: Add white wine, turn up heat to high. Bring to simmer while stirring base of the pan to dissolve all the golden bits into the sauce. Cook 1 minute or until it most evaporates and the wine-y smell is gone.
- Thicken cream & stock: Add cream and chicken stock, then simmer on medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes until reduced and slightly thickened.
- Add parmesan & herbs: Stir through parmesan (this will thicken sauce more), then the herbs. Taste sauce and see if more salt and pepper is needed.
- Serve: Serve salmon with Creamy Sauce, ensuring there’s something on the plate to soak up all that amazing sauce! Mashed Potato rates highly. See above video for list of suggestions (including side salads).