Crab pasta is a delicious and easy to make dish that combines the delicate flavor of crabmeat with pasta and a variety of herbs and spices. To make this recipe, start by cooking your pasta according to the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, sauté garlic and onion in a pan with olive oil.
Then add the crabmeat, herbs, and spices and cook for a few minutes until the crab is heated through. Once the pasta is cooked, add it to the pan with the crab mixture and toss to combine. Finish with a touch of cream or butter and grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy!
How To Make Crab Pasta
Prep Time: 05 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
- ½ lbs linguine, spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 75ml/1/3 cup dry white wine
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 200g/1 cup ready to eat crab meat
- 50g/1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the linguine in a large pot of salted, boiling water according to package instructions.
2. Five minutes before the pasta is ready, set a large pan over low heat and melt the butter, add sliced garlic and sauté for 1 minute over very low heat without colouring it, then pour in white wine and lemon juice, turn the heat up to medium and let it reduce for a couple of minutes.
3. Stir in the cooked crabmeat and take it off the heat. Drain the pasta once cooked and reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Add the pasta to the pan with the crabmeat and toss to combine, add half of the reserved of pasta water and Parmesan cheese, stir over low heat until the cheese melts and coats the pasta. If the pasta is a bit dry add a splash of pasta water. Your pasta dish should be loose but not swimming in sauce, just lightly coated. Salt to taste. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.