When it comes to comfort food, few things can beat the warm, freshly baked goodness of country white bread. And when it comes to country white bread, Panera Bread has established itself as a go-to destination for bread enthusiasts. In this article, we will explore the mouthwatering world of Country White Bread – Panera Bread. From its traditional recipe to its rich history, we’ll delve into what makes this bread so special. So, grab a cup of coffee and get ready to savor the delightful aroma of freshly baked bread.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast (or 2/3 tsp rapid rise yeast)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast (or 1 1/3 tsp rapid rise yeast)
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening, plus
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Using the starter ingredients listed above, combine water and yeast in medium bowl.
- Stir to dissolve yeast.
- Add flour and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Cover with a cloth and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before using in the dough.
- Using the dough ingredients listed above, combine the water, honey, and yeast in the bowl of a heavy duty stand mixer.
- Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Add shortening, flour, salt, and starter.
- Mix ingredients on low speed, with the mixer, until the dough is smooth and elastic (this usually takes me about 8 – 10 minutes).
- To test it for elasticity, pinch off a piece of dough, and stretch it between both thumbs and my fingers into a square.
- If the center stretches and becomes thin (like a windowpane) it’s perfect.
- If the dough breaks easily instead of stretching, it’s not ready yet.
- When ready, remove dough from mixing bowl.
- Divide the dough into two halves.
- Form each into a smooth ball. (You can wrap and freeze one of the loaves at this point.)
- Place the dough on the counter, or in a proofing basket, and cover with a warm, damp cloth.
- Rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Form the dough into a loaf shape (free form or use a loaf pan), and cover with a warm, damp cloth. Let rest another 30 minutes.
Baking the bread:
- Score the loaf (loaves) with a sharp knife.
- Spritz with some water and place in the pre-heated oven (if making a free form loaf, place on a preheated baking stone).
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown, and the temperature in the middle of the loaf is about 195ºF.
- Remove the bread from the oven and from the pan (if using one).
- Let cool about 30 minutes.
Country White Bread – Panera Bread: The Perfect Combination
Country White Bread – Panera Bread is the perfect combination of simplicity and taste. The bread is made using high-quality ingredients and a traditional recipe that has been perfected over the years. It offers a fluffy and light texture with a slightly sweet flavor that makes it irresistible to bread lovers. Whether you enjoy it toasted with butter or as the foundation for a hearty sandwich, Country White Bread – Panera Bread is sure to satisfy your cravings.
The Art of Baking Country White Bread
Baking country white bread is an art form that requires precision and patience. Panera Bread’s skilled bakers follow a meticulous process to create the perfect loaf of bread. The dough is carefully mixed, kneaded, and allowed to rise to develop its unique flavor and texture. The bread is then baked to perfection, resulting in a golden crust and a soft, pillowy interior. The aroma that fills the bakery as the bread bakes is nothing short of heavenly.
The History of Panera Bread
Panera Bread has a rich history that dates back to its humble beginnings in St. Louis, Missouri in 1987. Originally named St. Louis Bread Company, the bakery-café quickly gained a loyal following for its freshly baked bread and delicious pastries. In 1999, the company underwent a rebranding and changed its name to Panera Bread. Since then, Panera Bread has expanded across the United States, becoming a beloved destination for bread, soups, salads, and sandwiches.
Country White Bread – Panera Bread is a true classic that has stood the test of time. With its fluffy texture, subtle sweetness, and artisanal baking process, it’s no wonder that this bread has become a favorite among bread enthusiasts. Whether you’re enjoying it as part of a sandwich or simply slathering it with butter, Country White Bread – Panera Bread is sure to please your taste buds. So, the next time you visit Panera Bread, be sure to indulge in a slice of this delicious bread.