Classic beef tacos are a staple in Mexican cuisine. This recipe calls for ground beef, diced onion and bell pepper, and a mixture of spices, which are cooked together and served in warm corn tortillas. Top them with shredded cheese, lettuce, and salsa for a delicious and easy to make meal. This dish can be ready in less than 30 minutes and can be adjusted to your taste.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cock Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ taco shells (10 shells), heated as directed on package
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (5 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup sour cream
1. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
2. Divide beef among heated shells; top with cheese, lettuce, tomato and sour cream.