Beef Stroganoff is a classic Russian dish made of sautéed beef strips and mushrooms, cooked in a sour cream-based sauce and served over egg noodles. This dish is hearty, comforting and perfect for a cold winter night. It’s easy to make, and you can adjust the ingredients to your taste.
Savor the rich and velvety goodness of our Classic Beef Stroganoff recipe. This iconic dish is a celebration of tender beef, savory mushrooms, and a luscious sour cream sauce, creating a flavor symphony that will delight your taste buds.
To begin, thinly slice high-quality beef sirloin into bite-sized strips, and sauté them in a hot skillet until beautifully browned and cooked to perfection. In the same pan, add a medley of sliced mushrooms, onions, and garlic, infusing the dish with aromatic goodness.
How To Make Beef Stroganoff
Prep Time: 05 minutes
Cock Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak, 1/2 inch thick
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups hot cooked egg noodles
1. Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2×1/2-inch strips.
2. Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
3. Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour; stir into beef mixture. Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil). Serve over noodles.