Citrus Coconut Steamed Cod is a light and flavorful fish dish. Combine coconut milk, citrus juice, and spices, pour over cod fillets, and steam until cooked through. Serve over rice for a complete meal.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Minced fresh cilantro
1. In a large saucepan, place a steamer basket over 1 in. water. Place cod in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk cornstarch, coconut milk and orange juice until smooth. Add chili sauce, ginger and soy sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in oranges, green onion, almonds and sesame oil; heat through. Serve with cod; sprinkle with cilantro.