Chocolate chip cookies are a beloved classic that’s perfect for any occasion. To make this recipe, start by creaming together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Then, mix in your eggs and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt, then gradually stir it into the butter mixture until it’s well combined. Finally, fold in chocolate chips or chunks for the perfect sweet and gooey touch.
Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven until the cookies are golden brown and baked through. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve the cookies warm with a glass of milk or store them in an airtight container for later.
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 05 mins
Total Time : 15 mins
Servings : 18 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature if possible
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 10-20 seconds or just until the butter begins to melt. Add the brown and white sugars and beat until fully combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla and beat for another 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients until fully combined.
2. Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes to overnight (optional step). Line the air fryer racks with parchment paper. Scoop 2-tablespoon dough balls into the air fryer basket, about 1.5 inches apart. You should be able to fit 2-4 depending on the size of your air fryer.
3. Air Fryer at 325F degrees F for 5-7 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Allow cookies to rest 2-3 minutes in the air fryer before removing.