Chicken Tortilla Bowl Soup recipe is a delicious and satisfying meal that’s perfect for any day of the week. It’s made with a savory broth, tender chicken, black beans, and corn, all seasoned with fragrant spices. To make it even more satisfying, the soup is served in a crispy tortilla bowl and topped with shredded cheese, diced avocado, and fresh cilantro. This recipe is easy to make, healthy, and packed with flavor, making it a crowd-pleaser for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy meal or a meal prep option, this Chicken Tortilla Bowl Soup recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
To make Chicken Tortilla Bowl Soup, first, start by sautéing diced onions and garlic in a large pot with some olive oil until they are fragrant and softened. Then, add in some diced chicken breast and cook until it is no longer pink. Next, pour in some chicken broth, canned diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Add in your favorite seasonings, such as cumin, chili powder, and paprika, and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes until the flavors have melded together.
How to make Chicken Tortilla Bowl Soup
Servings : 8 servings
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock(945 mL)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pack large flour tortilla
- vegetable oil, for frying
- fresh cilantro
- monterey jack cheese
- lime, wedged
- avocado, sliced
1. Place diced onion, jalapeno and garlic in the bottom of a slow cooker.
2. Place the chicken breasts on top of the veggies.
3. Add all canned ingredients and seasonings to the chicken in the slow cooker. Top with the chicken stock.
4. Set slow cooker to high and cook for 3 hours.
5. Fill a large pot ⅔ full with vegetable oil and heat until it reaches 350°F (180°C).
6. Carefully place the tortilla on top of the oil and gently press the tortilla down with a ladle. Fry tortilla until golden brown. Drain on a cooling rack.
7. When soup is done, remove chicken and dice it on a cutting board. Return diced chicken to the soup.
8. Place fried tortilla bowl in a soup bowl and fill it with the soup.
9. Top it off with cheese, avocado, cilantro and garnish with a lime wedge.