Chicken soup is a comforting and nourishing dish that is easy to make. To prepare, simmer chicken, vegetables, and seasonings in a pot of water or broth until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with crusty bread or noodles for a satisfying meal.
How To Make Chicken Soup
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 1 hrs 30 mins
Servings : 10
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 4 carrots, halved
- 4 stalks celery, halved
- 1 large onion, halved
- water to cover
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules (Optional)
1. Place chicken, carrots, celery, and onion in a large soup pot; add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until meat falls off of the bone, about 90 minutes. Skim off foam every so often, as needed.
2. Remove chicken from the pot and let sit until cool enough to handle; chop meat into pieces, and discard skin and bones.
3. Strain out vegetables, reserving the stock; rinse the soup pot and return the stock to the pot. Chop vegetables into smaller pieces; return chopped chicken and vegetables to the pot.
4. Warm soup until heated through; season with salt, pepper, and chicken bouillon to taste.